Oct 11, 2011

Felt Bag "Indian Summer"



It ended.The indian summer. Fortunately I could gather it's colors on the last day in a glass.

Then I felted this bag white and I spilled the colors over the white bag.


It took a night for the colors to get into the fibers. (I saw it. I was sitting there the whole time by the light of a flickering autumn ladybug.)

This dying method is described in the book "How to Dye Wool With Seasons and Moods".
Don't start searching for it. It's not on the market now.

You get a fall poem instead:

Leaves by Elsie N. Brady


How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.

At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.


15 comments:

jan said...

I love your felt bag, the colurs are so warm, its beautiful!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your work is absolutely stunning!

Igoria said...

It's lovely! And the colours are so autumn :)

Plastusia said...

Beautiful bag! I like this colours.

Beata's Soul said...

Wow, beautiful!!!

Corinna Nitschmann said...

Once my mother said she loves browns and blues together. I couldn't imagine that would look good. That was some years ago :-)

martine said...

lovely bag and lovely poem
thanks for sharing
martine

Els said...

Wow Corinna, this bag looks so fantastic! LOVE these colours together, great job!

Corinna Nitschmann said...

You're welcome :-)
I'll tell my mom that she's right.

Charlotte said...

This is just beautiful, colours, pattern and shape.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Stunning!

Helena said...

Hi,
you have a very wonderful blog and your works are very beautiful, i love your Style.
GREAT greetings!

Helena_VS
*)

Michelle said...

Just lovely! Brilliant blog, amazing colours and work. I really like coming here. Thanks

Corinna Nitschmann said...

Thanx a lot!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and I love this project! you do beautiful things with felt.You have so many great projects! I would love you to stop by my blog on Tuesday. I am starting a link up for awesome projects like yours in the hope that more people can discover the projects we've all made and love. The link up is especially for older projects that we feel didn't get enough attention.
So stop by on Tuesday!
www.dosmallthingswithlove.com
Nancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails